- Bookings must be made on the enclosed form and accompanied by 30% of the rental. This is a non-refundable deposit. If a booking is made less than 28 days before the holiday commences then the full rent is due at the time of booking. Payment details will be provided at the time of booking.
- Once the booking is received the Principal Guest is liable for payment for the balance of the rent plus any additional charges four weeks before the holiday.
- Lettings commence at 3 pm on the date of arrival and end at 10 am on the day of departure unless notified otherwise. For insurance reasons, under no circumstances may more people or pets, other than those notified to the owner, occupy the property.
- The Principal Guest (the “Guest”) undertakes to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition. A Security Deposit of £100.00 is taken 28 days before the holiday begins. This is held to cover any costs of repairs, replacements or additional cleaning charges if the property is left in an unsatisfactory condition. The Guest is responsible for the property and its contents and therefore if any damage is found on arrival, the Guest should inform the caretaker immediately so that steps can be taken to rectify this. Also, on departure, all damages/breakages/losses should be reported to the caretaker or a note left in the snag book provided. The Guest agrees to allow the owner and his agents reasonable access to the property during their stay. The Security Deposit usually covers all breakages/damages/losses but the Guest will be liable for any cost incurred over and above the Security Deposit limit. If there are no such costs, the Security Deposit will be refunded within 28 days of the end of the holiday.
- If, for any reason beyond the owner’s control (e.g. fire damage), the property is not available on the date booked, all payments will be refunded in full, but the Guest shall have no further claim.
- Acceptance of a reservation or booking by the owner confers on the Guest the right to occupy the property for a holiday only within the meaning of Section 9 of the Rent Act 1977, and Housing Act 1988, Schedule 1, paragraph 9.
- A discount of 5% off the full rate will be given to the Guest if they have stayed at Dummer’s Loft during the previous year for a minimum of one week’s duration.
- The Guest must not sell or transfer the booking to another party without the permission of the owner.
- Only persons named in the booking form are entitled to stay at Dummer’s Loft.
- In the event of cancellation prior to the start of the holiday the Guest must notify the owner in writing. Once a cancellation is made then a cancellation charge is payable dependant on the number of days before the holiday start date that the Cancellation Notice is received by the Owner.
|Days Notice||Cancellation charge|
|28 or more||Deposit only|
- We love dogs however, the Guest will be liable for all additional costs of repair, replacements and extra cleaning resulting from their dogs. Dogs must never be left unaccompanied in the property at any time.
- No more than 2 medium size dogs are allowed. All dogs must be house trained, and kept under control. Dogs are not allowed in bedrooms or on the furniture. Guests are asked to be mindful of our neighbours.